Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Quick Trip to Breckenridge

In mid November, I taught a winter weather class with the Colorado Avalanche Information Center in Leadville. It was a GREAT experience. The day after the 3-day class, the CAIC had a benefit in Breckenridge, so I invited Ben and Daniel up to join me!

The CAIC had a deal with one of the hotels for the benefit. IT WAS AWESOME! They allowed pets, AND let you keep them in there while you were away - big help! They would just keep your cell number in case there was a problem. Apparently there are too many episodes of Animal Control being called when people keep their pets in their cars when hotels won't let them stay in the room. I LIKE!
Daniel, Ben and I enjoying the benefit! Daniel won some awesome Dynafit skiis being auctioned. A super great band played, and our friends Brian and Matt showed up as well!
Getting pumped to go skiing - it was Breck's opening day!
No more pics from the trip, except this one! Instead of taking the normal I70 back to Denver, we took 285 through Park County then up through Jefferson County. Man that was a beautiful drive! Some amazing clouds too!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: