Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Lucky Colorado Visit

On my way to an Incident Meteorologist training class to learn about forecasting at hazardous material spills (oil, chemical) in Fort Worth, TX, I was fortunate enough to not only have my layover in Denver, but have the layover for 3 days! It was great to see all my friends and family that I hadn't seen in about a year. It was nice to come home to my parents house where I grew up, but it was hard because they will be selling it and moving up to Nebraska next year. Sure is a great place.
I was also lucky enough to see some of Colorado's great severe weather (I know I'm a weather weenie!). Hail and lightning ended up coming out of this system while I was at my friend Amber's house---it was great!
I got to see my great friends Charmian and Jon. I went to school with Charmian but conned her into coming to a Blue Knights Drum Corps practice with me and I had her hooked. We marched four years together and met Jon there. They fell in love and were married. Such a fun and loving couple! Ben and I are trying to get them up here to visit us, they are a lot like us and have the same love for the outdoors. Miss you guys!!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: