Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Steamboat Girls Weekend with Mom and Amber

In early August, my mom and sister and her kids joined me for a weekend in Steamboat Springs. It was our first all girls weekend (well, except for Wyatt) of fun, of which I'm sure we'll do more!

Amber and Kayla playing along the Poudre River
My mom and Kayla playing
Driving near Walden in Jackson County with a beautiful sunset shining on the surrounding mountains


Next day in Steamboat, we took a short hike to the beautiful Fish Creek Falls
Wyatt was a trooper!
My mom, Amber and kids on the bridge at the bottom of the falls
Someone's sleepy!
Next stop, Steamboat Ski Resort for some bouncy castle fun!
For those of you who know my mom, this photo is HUGE! The last time my mom was in a gondola, she passed out (as she's a bit nervous of heights to say the least). Well, she made it all the way to the top and down! Nice job Mom!

A great storm brewin in the distance!
Enjoying some food and drinks at the top
Next stop - the Wine Festival! One reason we went up to Steamboat this particular weekend, it was the annual Steamboat Springs Wine Festival. My mom and I went to a wine tasting at a book store - super fun to taste wine AND hear about great books!

And last stop, sit by the Yampa River for a relaxing sunny afternoon!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: