Friday, September 18, 2009

Dispatched to the Discovery Fire

About a month ago, I was dispatched to the Discovery Fire in Naches, Washington as an IMET trainee (an Incident Meteorologist). For those of you who have no idea where that is (I didn't before I went), its about 30 miles west of Yakima. Again, one of my favorite parts of being an IMET is going to some amazing places in this country I wouldn't ever think of going otherwise!

Here is Base Camp at the end of the incident...fire was controlled and they had already sent lots of supply away. It was located near Rimrock Reservoir.....very nice area, I would love to come back and camp here for fun one day!
Some isolated tree torching as the crews were burning fire line. The Fire Behavior Analyst and I were having lunch watching the activity - not bad entertainment! :)
Rimrock reservoir. Lots of clouds from the marine layer west of the Cascades pushing east over the crest.
On the other side of Rimrock Reservoir....again, so happy to be out enjoying the beauty of the country while doing a job I love!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Erik and Jodie said...

That's awesome, sounds like you are having a lot of fun at your job, glad to hear it.